The Annecy International Animation Film Festival has announced the festival’s official selection of films. Under the direction of Marcel Jean, Annecy Artistic Director, 2,460 films were reviewed from 45 different countries around the world to be included in the festival. 236 films were selected in the following categories: Feature Films (9 in competition, 14 out of competition), Short Films (52 in competition, 37 out of competition), TV and Commissioned Films (73 total), and Graduation Films (51 total). Each category has a jury which selects their favorites to win the festival’s coveted Annecy Cristal award along with other prizes and honors. Jury members are listed on the Annecy website.
The nine feature films in competition along with the directors and countries represented are:
- Mommy Is in America and She Met Buffalo Bill (Marc Boréal, Thibaut Chatel, France)
- Arjun, the Warrior Prince (Arnab Chaudhuri, India)
- The Apostle (Fernando Cortizo, Spain)
- Jasmine (Alain Ughetto, France)
- Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Battle for Doldrey (Toshiyuki Jubooka, Japan)
- Khumba (Anthony Silverston, South Africa)
- Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury (Luiz Bolognesi, Brazil)
- Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (Daniel St Pierre, William Finn, USA)
- Pinocchio (Enzo d’Alò, Italy)
Special press screenings of Pixar’s Monsters University and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ mystery short Get a Horse! will also take place during the festival.
The festival runs from June 10-15, 2013 in Annecy, France. More information about the films and filmmakers is also available on the Annecy website.