As previously announced, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 19th animated motion picture The Jungle Book is coming to Blu-ray on February 11, 2014. This is the first time on Blu-ray for this film, which is the last animated feature that Walt Disney himself personally worked on before his death in 1966.
The Blu-ray will contain a new HD transfer of the film along with all new “Diamond Edition” extras which include:
- Introductions by Diane Disney Miller and Richard M. Sherman
- Alternate Ending – Mowgli and The Hunter
- @DisneyAnimation: Sparking Creativity
- Music, Memories & Mowgli: A Conversation with Richard M. Sherman, Diane Disney Miller and Floyd Norman
- Disney Intermission – Bear-E-Oke hosted by Baloo
- Bear-E-Oke Sing A Long
- I Wanna Be Like You – Hangin’ Out At Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Here are the technical details:
- 2-Disc Blu-ray Deluxe Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
- 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD)
- Aspect Ratio:
- 1.75:1 formatted for 16×9 TV screens
- English, French and Spanish
- English SDH, French and Spanish
Follow The Jungle Book on Facebook and Walt Disney Pictures on Twitter.
Will you be picking up a copy of The Jungle Book on Blu-ray? Let us know in the comments below.
Pingback: Remembering Diane Disney Miller | Animation Fascination
Pingback: ‘The Jungle Book 2′ Coming to Blu-ray on March 18, 2014 | Animation Fascination
Pingback: Idris Elba to Voice Shere Khan in Disney’s New CG-Hybrid Version of ‘The Jungle Book’ | Animation Fascination