The Annecy International Animation Film Festival has announced the festival’s official selection of animated feature films. Under the leadership of artistic director Marcel Jean and his team in the festival’s Films & Programming department, 9 films were selected for competition out of the 68 feature films submitted.
The 9 animated features selected are:
- Minuscule – Valley of the Lost Ants by Thomas Szabo and Hélène Giraud (France)
- Cheatin’ by Bill Plympton (USA)
- Lisa Limone and Maroc Orange: A Rapid Love Story by Mait Laas (Estonia, Finland)
- The Fake by Sang-ho Yeon (South Korea)
- Last Hijack by Femke Wolting and Tommy Pallotta (Germany, Belgium, Ireland, the Netherlands)
- Giovanni’s Island by Mizuho Nishikubo (Japan)
- The Boy and the World by Alê Abreu (Brazil)
- Asphalt Watches by Shayne Ehman and Seth Scriver (Canada)
- The Art of Happiness by Alessandro Rak (Italy)
Jury members are listed on the Annecy website.
The festival runs from June 9th-14th, 2014 in Annecy, France. More information about the festival is available on the official Annecy website.