Walt Disney Animation Studios announced on their Facebook page an upcoming TV special about the making of Frozen. The special, called The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic, will make its debut on Tuesday, September 2nd, 8:00 – 9:00 PM ET (check your local listings) on the ABC Television Network.
The special will go behind the scenes into the making of the film along with a “look toward the next chapter for the characters” (most likely a preview for the upcoming Frozen-inspired storyline coming to ABC’s Once Upon a Time). Also, which has us very stoked, the special is going to offer a sneak peek at Walt Disney Animation Studios’ next feature Big Hero 6.
Here’s our wish list for the special:
- We’ll get a proper “behind-the-scenes” view into the making of the film that was left off of the Frozen Blu-ray.
- They will announce a new Frozen boat ride attraction that will be built in Disney parks worldwide (a long shot for sure, but a Disney park fan can dream, right?).
- We’ll see some of the development of the new Frozen Broadway musical.
- They will not announce a Frozen sequel, except in book form.
- Disney will show us brand-new Big Hero 6 footage, not just a replaying of the existing trailers.
We’ll see what is actually revealed on September 2nd.
Pingback: “Animation Fascination” Episode 74: AF News – Week of July 10, 2014 | Animation Fascination