To celebrate his upcoming birthday, Disney’s Mickey Mouse (the theme park walk-around version, that is) has started a tour around the world. And courtesy of Facebook and Instagram, we’ll all get to follow along in the fun.
Beginning today in Los Angeles (see pics below), Mickey Mouse will make multiple surprise appearances in real-world locations to visit his fans and friends in person. These moments will be tracked, photographed, and posted to Mickey’s official Facebook page (check out the cool map being used as the cover) and Instagram feed.
Mickey’s global journey will culminate on his actual birthday on November 18th (the day when Steamboat Willie premiered at the Colony Theatre in New York City in 1928) with Disney theme parks and media outlets celebrating in the following ways:
- A new music video chronicling Mickey’s global adventures will debut on Mickey’s Facebook page called “What We Got.”
- Select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts and Disney Store locations in the United States will be distributing commemorative “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons.
- A pre-parade birthday celebration honoring Mickey will happen at Disneyland park in California and a special birthday-themed edition of the “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party” will happen at Magic Kingdom park in Florida.
- Disney Channel will show Mickey Mouse shorts throughout the day and premiere two new cartoon series featuring Mickey Mouse: Mickey Meows Club and Mickey’s How Not To (we don’t know much about these).
- Disney Junior will debut the teaser for the upcoming series Mickey and the Roadster Racers.
- All of Disney’s social media and web outlets will be promoting Mickey’s birthday in full force, including D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, Oh My Disney, and Babble. Look for lots of Mickey-related videos, galleries, stories, crafts, recipes, and shareables leading up to the big day on November 18th.
Enjoy following along with the globetrotting adventures of “the leader of the club that’s made for you and me!” Make sure to use the hashtag #HappyBirthdayMickey and let us know if you see Mickey in person while he’s on tour.
All images © Disney