More Coco coolness today… In addition to the beautiful new poster just released, Pixar Animation Studios has announced the all of the voice cast for the film along with some brief character descriptions, too.
Pixar has broken down the list by “From the Land of the Living” and “From the Land of Dead.”
From the Land of the Living
- Miguel (Voiced by Anthony Gonzalez)
A 12-year-old aspiring musician who struggles against his family’s generations-old ban on music. When a magical mishap lands him in the Land of the Dead, Miguel seeks out his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz, to help him return to the Land of the Living before it’s too late.
- Mama Coco (Voiced by Ana Ofelia Murguía)
Miguel’s cherished great-grandmother. She is very old and fragile, but that doesn’t stop Miguel from sharing his daily adventures with her.
- Abuelita (Voiced by Renée Victor)
Miguel’s grandmother and the ultimate enforcer of the Rivera family’s ban on music. She loves her family very much and will do anything to protect them. But when she gets angry, she wields a mean slipper.
- Papá (Voiced by Jaime Camil)
Miguel’s supportive father who hopes that someday Miguel will join him in the family shoemaking business.
- Mamá (Voiced by Sofía Espinosa)
Miguel’s loving mother who gently encourages her son to embrace their family’s traditions.
- Tío Berto (Voiced by Luis Valdez)
Miguel’s uncle, a hard worker in the Rivera family shoemaking business.
- Mariachi (Voiced by Lombardo Boyar)
A friendly musician who Miguel encounters in Santa Cecilia Plaza.
From the Land of the Dead
- Hector (Voiced by Gael García Bernal)
A charming trickster in the Land of the Dead who is forced to enlist help from Miguel to visit the Land of the Living.
- Ernesto de la Cruz (Voiced by Benjamin Bratt)
Miguel’s idol and the most famous musician in the history of Mexico. Revered by fans worldwide until his untimely death, the charming and charismatic musician is even more beloved in the Land of the Dead.
- Chicharrón (Voiced by Edward James Olmos)
A curmudgeonly friend of Hector’s who is sadly being forgotten—an unfortunate condition in the Land of the Dead.
- Mamá Imelda (Voiced by Alanna Ubach)
Miguel’s great-great-grandmother, the matriarch of the Rivera family and the founder of their successful shoemaking business. Miguel meets Mamá Imelda in the Land of the Dead and discovers she does not share his passion for music.
- Tía Rosita (Voiced by Selene Luna)
Miguel’s late aunt who resides in the Land of the Dead.
- Papá Julio (Voiced by Alfonso Arau)
Miguel’s late great-grandfather who he meets in Land of the Dead.
- Tío Oscar and Tío Felipe (Voiced by Herbert Siguenza)
Miguel’s late identical twin uncles who he meets in the Land of the Dead.
- Arrival Agent (Voiced by Octavio Solis)
The Arrival Agent in the Land of the Dead’s Grand Central Station.
- Head Clerk (Voiced by Gabriel Iglesias)
Head Clerk in the Land of the Dead’s “Department of Family Reunions.”
- Corrections Officer (Voiced by Cheech Marin)
A Corrections Officer in the Land of the Dead.
- Emcee (Voiced by Blanca Araceli)
The host of a colorful talent show in the Land of the Dead.
Director Lee Unkrich has been posting some cast-related items on his Twitter feed today (and if you don’t follow Lee on Twitter, you really should).
Source: Oh My Disney